POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Suggestion: particles : Re: Suggestion: particles Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion: particles
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 Oct 2000 09:51:11
Message: <chrishuff-C0BFED.08535718102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39EDB704.5B0909EE@alpharay.de>, Paul Blaszczyk
<3d### [at] alpharayde> wrote:

> Sorry..i have post now one in text mode...

"Suggestion:  particles (TEXT)"? It is still HTML.

> The idea was to chosse how a emitter start and stop. So you can create
> things like a rotating sprinkler or a lok (puffing smoke).

Oh, a sequence of turning on and off...this would be taken care of by
the spline. I also plan on making different ways to "repeat" the
spline...for example:
go from start to end, then stop

go from start to end, then start over from the beginning

go from start to end, then backwards to the beginning, than forwards
again...

And various other ways to automatically "warp" the waveform of the
spline. These could also be useful in pattern waveforms...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><