POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : media oriented patterns? : Re: media oriented patterns? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media oriented patterns?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 6 Mar 2001 19:57:48
Message: <chrishuff-BD7011.19541606032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3aa4c310$1@news.povray.org>, "jrg" <xor### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> I think it would be nice to have media-oriented patterns in order to
> easily get some volumetric effect like smoke (does anyone saw the
> smoke pattern in Lightflow?) It's so hard to make it work with common
> pov patterns...

What kind of "media oriented" patterns are you looking for? As far as I
know, the spherical, boxed, cylinderical, and planar patterns were added
specifically for media...
For smoke, have you looked at the blob pattern patch? Maybe that will do
what you want, and it was also designed with media in mind...otherwise,
you are going to need to give more information.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><