POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Traunslucency Without Media MIP : Re: Traunslucency Without Media MIP Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Traunslucency Without Media MIP
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 11 Jul 2002 16:57:07
Message: <chrishuff-BB35A4.15542011072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <MPG.1797f33af91f8e37989b84@news.povray.org>,
 Jamie Davison <jam### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:

> Hmm...  To really slow things down, would there be any way to use the
> trick to simulate variable internal IOR, however crudely?
>
> It would probably require an obscenely high max_trace_level though.

You can, and it does. It can get very slow.

> And i can't remember if you can apply a pattern to the surface iro or
> not, as I't sbeen a while since I played with POV.

You can't any more, that was removed in 3.1 because it didn't really
make any sense. Earlier versions had ior in the finish block, so you
could use a texture_map, 3.1 and 3.5 have it in the interior block.

However, you could apply a normal to the refracting layers if all you
want is to introduce some irregularities.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/