POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? : Re: Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Major bug in MegaPOV Plus?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Sep 2000 07:36:16
Message: <chrishuff-BA6184.06380109092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39B9D82F.9D3E3C56@yahoo.com>, ryan constantine
<rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> read "Game Architecture and Design" by Rollings and Morris and you'll
> realize these notions are very outdated.  programs are getting too big,
> and computers too fast for any one person or team to develop all the
> code in-house or worry about speed optimization.

This is true for most applications, but only gets rid of one of my
arguments, and isn't applicable to all situations.
What about my other arguments? Platforms where the STL doesn't exist or
is too bulky, new languages, etc.

> libraries are the future.  just look at the quake engines.  those are
> libraries.  other developers are starting to make other specific
> libraries, like physics, installation, or interface libraries.

This has very little to do with the reason I want to learn those
algorithms. Besides, I might end up programming one of those libraries!
They don't just come out of nowhere, they are written by programmers who
know how to do that stuff.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><