POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: Mesh CSG Operation Bug : Re: Mesh CSG Operation Bug Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:47:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh CSG Operation Bug
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Nov 2002 11:29:58
Message: <chrishuff-B7D01C.11292712112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dd0aeac@news.povray.org>,
 "Massimo Valentini" <six### [at] inwindit> wrote:

> Well, I've been confused by the doc, in particular,
>
> <QUOTE>
> 6.5.6  Constructive Solid Geometry
> 6.5.6.1  Inside and Outside
> and by the warning povray issues with the bug-report scene.

Looks like some documentation needs to be updated, the inside_vector
feature is supposed to let meshes be used like any other solid object.

> In fact, the point is that Invert_Mesh(OBJECT *) is an empty function,
> so it's not possible to distinguish between intersection and
> difference (that internally is an intersection among the first object
> and the "inverse" of every other object), when the mesh object is not
> the first.

That would be a definite bug.

> I don't see that message too. I replied to the last message I see in
> povray.bugreports, and cross posted to povray.programming.
>
> Hope that's the correct way to do.

It apparently isn't, only bug reports go to *.bugreports, and your
crossposted reply got deleted. It probably would work if you modified
the reply to only go to *.programming.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/