POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Drunken Bricks 55kbu : Re: Drunken Bricks 55kbu Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drunken Bricks 55kbu
From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Jan 2001 11:16:45
Message: <chrishuff-B6FE40.11180715012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A62AAB1.D28CF104@pobox.com>, Anton Sherwood
<bro### [at] poboxcom> wrote:

> Ah, and assuming that rand() is a typical linear type (why can't i find
> it in the doc?!)

Is this what you are looking for?
4.1.3.6 Float Functions
rand(I)     Returns the next pseudo-random number from the stream
specified by the positive integer I. You must call seed() to initialize
a random stream before calling rand(). The numbers are uniformly
distributed, and have values between 0.0 and 1.0, inclusively. The
numbers generated by separate streams are independent random variables.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><