POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Icy coast 2 (101 k) : Re: Icy coast 2 (101 k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Icy coast 2 (101 k)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Jul 2000 17:14:07
Message: <chrishuff-B55B4B.16144724072000@news.povray.org>
In article <397C9F3C.D3A126AE@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>,
chr### [at] gmxde wrote:

> I increased resolution of the ice heightfield, and changed textures
> for water and ice, looks much *colder*, doesn't it ?
>
> The ice is with transparency, no media, the water is RMF now, with
> transparency too and angle dependant reflection.

It looks great now! Like a photo...and I only see one "spike" of ice,
and that one looks like it is connected to a floe, which would explain
why it doesn't tip over.

> I did not yet work on the sky, it looks more like overcast weather
> now, so i should add some clouds...

I agree, some clouds would help. Or just change to color of the sky to a
medium blue-gray, like an even cover of clouds.

> I also tried radiosity, but it did not change anything :-( is there
> any tutorial on outside radiosity?

Did you remember to turn it on? Simply specifying the radiosity options
in global_settings isn't enough.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/