POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray 3.1 to other file formats - a possible solution : Re: POV-Ray 3.1 to other file formats - a possible solution Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.1 to other file formats - a possible solution
From: Chris Huff
Date: 14 Aug 2000 11:54:30
Message: <chrishuff-B44A98.10554114082000@news.povray.org>
In article <slr### [at] tealhhjpat>,
hjp### [at] SiKituwsracat (Peter J. Holzer) wrote:

> (what's "Kalotte" in English? - calotte seems to be some kind of hat)

Well, what does it mean?

> I think there is even a (low quality) macro for this, but it needs
> MegaPOV.

Tesselating a sphere is pretty easy, and wouldn't require MegaPOV. I
think the macro you are referring to is one which uses trace() to scan
the surface of an object, it can tesselate almost any object, but
doesn't always give great results.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/