POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer, update : Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update Server Time
21 Jul 2024 07:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Feb 2001 10:02:33
Message: <chrishuff-B43B9F.10013925022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a96ebbf@news.povray.org>, "yooper" <Out### [at] huntelnet>
wrote:

>   The shift will be smaller than you might at first think . . .
> I believe that in general . . . shoot for 1 unit of displacement for
> every 30 units of distance to the target.  If your camera is 30 from
> the wall, shift the camera 1 unit to the right.

Where does this "rule of thumb" come from? Your eyes don't get farther
apart when looking at distant objects, they stay the same distance apart
and rotate to be closer to parallel. And the distance of the separation
should be fairly close to what it would be if you were standing in the
scene, or the scale won't look right.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><