POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stargate (10124x768, 148 KB) - stargate.jpg (0/1) : Re: Stargate (10124x768, 148 KB) - stargate.jpg (0/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stargate (10124x768, 148 KB) - stargate.jpg (0/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Jun 2000 20:29:46
Message: <chrishuff-B3A0FB.19341726062000@news.povray.org>
In article <3957E8F3.52F091A5@pilot.msu.edu>, Nick Portelli
<por### [at] pilotmsuedu> wrote:

> To get off topic they all look like humans because they are supposed
> to.  The idea is that the bad guys populated a whole bunch of worlds
> with humans for slaves.

They weren't the ones I was talking about...I meant the non-humans: the
Nox, Goa'uld, Asgard, Bysra, Reetouh, "Ancients", etc. The Nox were
practically indistinguishable from humans, but they are a much older
race.
BTW, as I understand it, the Goa'uld use humans mainly as hosts, they
simply keep the population working as slaves to make it worthwhile. And
I still think it is strange for a population separated from earth for
centuries or millennia to speak American English.

I think the only other host they can take is the "Unas", a creature from
their home world with which they developed a symbiotic relationship.
This explains why they feel it is so important to keep humans
primitive...humans represent the only source of host bodies other than
the nearly extinct population of Unas. :-)

BTW, I hope "Followup-To" works right...this is the first time I have
used it. This should continue in povray.off-topic.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/