POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal : Re: ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal - Follow-up Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal - Follow-up
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Jan 2002 18:55:35
Message: <chrishuff-B1F0EE.18564516012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c45a6dc@news.povray.org>,
 "Maan M. Hamze" <mmh### [at] pleiadesnet> wrote:

> I see your points and I see how helpful they are.  Years ago, there was a
> package made expressely for POVRAY.  I forgot the name of the package, but
> it was written in a C - like language and it came with its 'compiler' that
> 'compiled' the scene written in it into a POVRAY script.  The language was
> functional as it was heavily influenced by the C language but it implemented
> every thing you mentioned.

Are you sure it wasn't just a patch for POV-Ray, or one of the many
discussions about scene language improvements? I've never heard about
this, but my CSDL project is extremely similar...
Any more information? This sounds very interesting (for obvious reasons).

(Capitalization nitpick: "POV" is an acronym for Persistance Of Vision,
but "Ray" is just an abbreviated form of "Raytracer".)