POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water photons 2 (103k) : Re: Water photons 2 (103k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water photons 2 (103k)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Apr 2001 14:26:16
Message: <chrishuff-AEB9BE.13261601042001@news.povray.org>
In article <3AC76B05.2FF7A4E6@gmx.de>, Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> This took quite a lot of time to render (20 h for trace, 29 min for
> photons) and i'm still not really satisfied.  Guess i will have to do some
> real world studies with a pot of water in the garden...

It looks good, but judging from the scale of the water ripples and
caustics, the structure is a very small scale model, maybe 5 feet long.
Much smaller than expected, anyway...

> What i would really like to try is using an isosurface for the water
> instead of the normal, but i'm a bit afraid of the render time.

I'm not sure if it would make much of a difference in appearance, but
the render time shouldn't be to bad if you don't use pigment functions.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><