POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Waterfall (119kbbu) : Re: Waterfall (119kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:28:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterfall (119kbbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2001 14:51:59
Message: <chrishuff-AE5FFE.14510023022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a96b409@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> The executive worked fine, but more than half of the particle_system
> sample files generated errors

Yeah, I know...I was getting rather sick of the particle system patch,
and didn't have time to even test all the demo files. :-(
I'm writing new ones for the next version, those were more of feature
tests for the in-development versions.

> and the help files were in an unknown file format; I presume they are
> not for Windows.

They are plain text files, the problem is that Mac and Windows have
different line endings.

> Is there any chance of getting the scene files working and have
> documentation for Windows made (html will be fine) ?

Well, you can find a decent text editor that can handle the different
line endings, or wait for the new version which will be in HTML to get
around this problem.

> > I posted some images and animations on these groups a while ago
>
> My cache doesn't go back that far. Is there anywhere else I can see
> sample animations?

I'll put some more up when I update my web page, sometime soon
(hopefully this weekend). The only images on my web site now are:
http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/images/particleFountain.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/images/particleFountain2.jpg

(and just uploaded this one)
http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/images/Particles1.jpeg

> > and somebody used it in an image of some odd robots spraying
> > stuff at a mutated rug/chicken thing.
>
> Yes, I remember that one. By Margus Ramst IIRC.

Yeah, that's it. Titled "Absurd".
http://www.hot.ee/margusrt/eng/absurd3.html

--
Christopher James Huff