POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Object oriented POV scene language? : Re: Object oriented POV scene language? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object oriented POV scene language?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 Feb 2001 16:39:55
Message: <chrishuff-AE09A2.16405507022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a8145cd@news.povray.org>, Geoff Wedig
<wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote:

> I've often thought of constructing a set of objects for visual scenes
> in python, with some kind of reader that produced POV script.

Look at VPython: http://cil.andrew.cmu.edu/projects/visual/
There is a way to export POV scenes.

> Python is a very clean and simple language, but provides a level of
> power that POV-script just doesn't at this time.

Hmph. I personally don't like what I have seen of it, but I've never had
to do anything in it, and a lot of people do seem to like it.
I mainly don't like the way loops and things don't have a visible
closing, and the fact that it is sensitive to white space. And though it
is supposed to be object oriented, the code I've seen doesn't look very
object oriented to me.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><