POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stains : Re: Stains Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stains
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 30 Sep 2002 12:25:03
Message: <chrishuff-ABC9AC.12222130092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3d9877d4c1649b9311db98c50@news.povray.org>,
 "Jkior" <jki### [at] zworgcom> wrote:

> What would be the best way to create water stains on a surface? I haven't
> been able to find any way to locate them in a specific location; it seems
> to me that the best way will be an image maps, but I'd rather generate
> them, since I want it to be different stains down a tunnel - many blocks,
> many stains, which will be tiresome to create as an image map.

It depends what exactly you want...just a mark from the water level
being higher in the past than it is now? Use a gradient pattern with
some turbulence. Marks from water dripping and running down a wall? A
bit more difficult, an image map would give the most control, but you
could do it with a function pattern or even an object pattern with a bit
of turbulence. The object pattern will always give a sharp edge though,
with no soft edges or differences in color from distance to the stain
edge.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/