POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : watch (40 Kb) : Re: watch (40 Kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: watch (40 Kb)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Apr 2001 16:22:12
Message: <chrishuff-A97BCC.15192015042001@news.povray.org>
In article <3AD9B585.67F71E69@usb.ve>, jac### [at] usbve wrote:

> Done entirely within megapov. No images maps were used.
>
> After trying with different normal settings, I decided to get rid of
> them.

Set the ambient on the metal surfaces to 0, and give them more to
reflect, as well as more reflection and stronger highlights. The brass
texture looks dull, try increasing the reflection value.  Try to make
sure that ambient + diffuse + reflection <= 1 for most cases...

The watch would probably look better on a patterned surface, try putting
it on some wood, with a block of wood behind it. Another thing I often
do when testing metals: use a sky_sphere with a black-white wrinkles
pigment.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><