POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOVPlus 0.3.1 released : Re: MegaPOVPlus 0.3.1 released Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOVPlus 0.3.1 released
From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Sep 2000 06:51:47
Message: <chrishuff-A94C95.05534315092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39C1A2BB.3C76B5EB@kh.rim.or.jp>, tec### [at] khrimorjp
wrote:

> I am testing many files under Mega 2.05 + glow and #set.
> So I notice blob_pigment does not work and blob_pattern is a little
> different.
> Of course comapre them with Mega 3.0.1.

They were both changed to act a little more like the blob object and the
code was cleaned up a bit. I have had another report of trouble with the
blob_pigment, I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

> I tried your BLOB in frame.h change to BLOB_OBJ,but compiler can not find
> problem.

That was just a fix for a problem with compiling on Windows, it does not
affect Macs and is not the cause for the crash.

> I will continue check more for resolve blob' crash.

It turns out that it was most likely caused by a fix for a memory leak
that doesn't exist in MegaPOV 0.5a. Basically, the UV-mapping
transformations were copied twice before, and the fix was to simply
delete the second one. However, the first one was removed in more recent
versions of MegaPOV...so anything accessing UV-mapping transformations
of objects which had been copied got bad data.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><