POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I want hollydays ! : Re: I want hollydays ! Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want hollydays !
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 Nov 2000 20:15:48
Message: <chrishuff-A8B445.20160517112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a15b56e$1@news.povray.org>, "Pascal Baillehache"
<bai### [at] freefr> wrote:

> well, they effectively are, but actually anyone seems to see that
> drops draw things on the table :\ but I know how to correct this ...

I noticed some other odd shapes, but they didn't make much
sense...something that looks like a moon to the left, some pretty odd
formations in the back, a pair of "somethings" to the right of the
moon...

> for the wrinkle you're probably right but I don't agree for ior cause
> the bottle is a plastic one and it seems to me that there is no
> distortion with this material, or am I totally wrong ???

You are wrong. Take a bottle and look closely at it: objects seen
through it appear slightly distorted because of the variations in
thickness and surface features. The distortion isn't much because the
material is so thin, but it is definitely there and could give a lot of
dimension to your bottle.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><