POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Fairies(more glowing light effects) - glowing lights2.jpg (1/1) : Re: POV-Fairies(more glowing light effects) - glowing lights3.jpg (1/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Fairies(more glowing light effects) - glowing lights3.jpg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Sep 2000 09:25:49
Message: <chrishuff-A794AC.08271602092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39B0A77F.7537D94A@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>,
chr### [at] gmxde wrote:

> You should have warned us to wear sunglasses when looking at this :-)

:-)

> I wonder how those lights turn out when they are just behind the edge of a
> foreground object.

You see the glow around the edges of the object, but the object itself
obscures the part of the glow it covers. It isn't a lens flare effect,
which would disappear when the light source was covered, it is an
atmospheric scattering effect which assumes a constant density and
color, and takes shortcuts which make it more like fog than media.

> For animations spotlights with the same effect would be quite useful.

Currently, all lights are treated like point lights. The original patch
ignored lights that weren't point lights, but my version does the effect
for all lights. Getting it to work right for other lights isn't
impossible, but it is considerably more difficult than for point sources.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message