POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV Functions (Thorsten?) : POV Functions (Thorsten?) Server Time
21 Jul 2024 07:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  POV Functions (Thorsten?)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Oct 2002 22:30:11
Message: <chrishuff-A671DB.22232926102002@netplex.aussie.org>
I'm trying to add G to POV-Ray, specifically I'm trying to make G
functions callable through the POV function mechanism. However, the
number of parameters (and return type) isn't known until a function is
linked to a G function, and the code seems to take this from the trap
table where it is defined at compile time. What's the best way to do
this?

I could add multiple entries in POVFPU_TrapSTable for different numbers
of parameters. That'd limit the number of parameters, and mean lots of
entries for one function (16 entries for a max of 15 parameters). I
can't just modify it at run time, different G functions will use the
same trap entry. I'm a bit reluctant to modify more than necessary just
to add my code.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/