POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal : Re: ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 15 Jan 2002 11:14:51
Message: <chrishuff-A62597.11154715012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3C43D729.26CCEBFB@avalon-net.co.il>,
 Eugene Arenhaus <eug### [at] avalon-netcoil> wrote:

> That's one possibility. A vector could be a class the instances of which
> know their component number, or there are other ways.

In CSDL there are currently these types:
scalar: double-precision floating point number.

3D vector: double-precision FP vector. Only 3D because various math
functions will rely on 3D points, if you need more you should use arrays
of scalars.

string: Just a basic string storage type, a String object to manipulate
them will be provided.

stream: I/O, as with strings, specialized objects using streams will be
provided.

object: Well, the object type.

function: Functions, with parameters and return values passed by
reference.

I also plan to have two kinds of arrays: a more compact kind which
stores one type, and an expanded kind which can store any type.