POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer, update : Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update Server Time
21 Jul 2024 07:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2001 13:55:08
Message: <chrishuff-A5642A.13541423022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a96ad70@news.povray.org>, Geoff Wedig
<wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote:

> No, I can transform the camera, I meant "Other than transforming the
> camera, what needs done?"  I assume I'd post process them into a side
> by side image, but I wasn't sure that I didn't have to transform the
> camera in a certain way, or transform the look at as well, or
> whatnot.  If it's simply transforming the camera 4 inches to the left
> (about the distance eyes are apart, right?) then it's easy.

You should rotate the cameras around the look_at point so they are about
3 inches apart (adjust this for the desired effect). Figuring out the
exact angles to use would require some fairly simple trigonometry...but
the easiest way would probably just be to move the location of the
cameras (leave the look_at point alone, so each camera targets the right
spot). This will work best if you move the location along an axis
perpendicular to the direction the camera is facing. (hint: look up the
vcross() function)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><