POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Improved blobs - attached files (1/1) : Improved blobs - attached files (1/1) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Improved blobs - attached files (1/1)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 18 Oct 2002 13:48:23
Message: <chrishuff-A2F898.12595018102002@netplex.aussie.org>
I've been doing more work on better blobs, here's the results. These
blobs are as easy to control, since they use a bounded function, unlike
the exponential blobs where adding one blob affects the whole object.

They are quite a bit slower as an isosurface with user-defined
functions, I plan to make a pattern patch though. Being compiled alone
will make it much faster, and it will make some optimizations possible.
I have no idea how to add it to the blob object, or even if it is
practical, but an object with the isosurface solving method could still
make more optimizations than a simple pattern.

The smooth ones are the isosurface versions. I tried to duplicate the
"open" one with blobs, but it would require a fifth blob component at
the center, so I went back and tried to duplicate the real blob with the
new blob function instead. As you can see, there are definite
differences, you can't just throw it in as a replacement, but it is
close.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'smoothblob1.png' (16 KB) Download 'smoothblob2.png' (17 KB) Download 'blob.png' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'smoothblob1.png'
smoothblob1.png

Preview of image 'smoothblob2.png'
smoothblob2.png