POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More glow stuff - attached files (1/1) : Re: More glow stuff - attached files (1/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More glow stuff - attached files (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Sep 2000 11:51:32
Message: <chrishuff-9F7E35.10531203092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39b25901$1@news.povray.org>, "Rune"
<run### [at] inamecom> wrote:

> Now that you've shown us the basics, try showing us how they work in
> certain specific situations.

I thought that was what I was doing...

> How does it look when reflected/refracted in a non-planar surface,
> such as a sphere?

Most/all of the scenes I have posted so far feature a reflective sphere.
I haven't tested refraction yet, but they should refract just like
anything else.

> How does it look when located extremely close to a surface? (Is only
> part of the glow visible, as it should?)

If nothing is between the glow and the camera, the whole thing is
visible. Proximity to a surface does not and should not affect it, since
it simulates atmospheric scattering, not a ball of glowing gases.

> How does it look just when it is moving behind an object?

I have posted an image of this...the object blocks the glow which is
behind it, and the glow extends around it's edges.

> As other mentioned, how will it look with radiosity?

Since it is visible, it will illuminate surfaces with radiosity, but
since it is not a surface, it will look the same whether you use
radiosity or not. I don't know what else you want to know.

> ...media? ...fog?

The effect of the glow is simply added to the image, could you be more
specific about your questions? BTW, the demo scenes for POV-AFX usually
use fog, you can look at them to see the combined effect.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><