POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 4Elements : Re: 4Elements Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4Elements
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 3 Mar 2002 14:12:21
Message: <chrishuff-9C0171.14122303032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c825651@news.povray.org>,
 "Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote:

> No, not this time I wanted to keep the foreground water opaque.

But it really doesn't look right this way...it looks more like a dull
mercury than water, and the areas where the water covers the leaves look
very strange. There are other ways to make the water more opaque without
messing up the reflection. You could use media or attenuation to make
the water murky...

> I was more concernerned about the way in which the corners fall away
> due I think to the 80 degree angle. Time has been the enemy here!

Maybe a different camera type would avoid this without messing with the
image too much.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/