POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Slime-POV feature: function camera : Re: New Slime-POV feature: function camera Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:28:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Slime-POV feature: function camera
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Nov 2002 22:21:26
Message: <chrishuff-9B93B7.22210810112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dcf0b92$1@news.povray.org>, "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom>
wrote:

> Well, pigment functions don't really return vectors, they return colors.
> Same thing, I know, but with a different number of dimensions.

I don't think the POV parser cares. You can use a color vector anywhere
you can use an ordinary 3D vector.

> So I assume you're proposing some sort of syntax like:
>
> #declare myvectorfunction = vfunction {
> function{...}
> function{...}
> function{...}
> }
> #declare myothervectorfunction = vfunction(a,b,c,d){myvectorfunction(a,b) +
> myvectorfunction(c,d)}

The first one, not the second one. I'd actually probably try for
something more like:
#declare myvectorfunction =
function {
    {...},
    {...},
    {...}
}

The second one would require implementing vector math in the POV VM.

> sorta like that? That would be quite difficult to implement, I'd think...

I don't see why. I'll take a closer look at this some day, but I think
it would be pretty easy.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/