POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Proximity Man (430 kbbu) : Re: Proximity Man (430 kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:32:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proximity Man (430 kbbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Sep 2000 17:22:14
Message: <chrishuff-9AAB22.16240108092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39B8D992.C5E1300B@my-dejanews.com>,
gre### [at] my-dejanewscom wrote:

> So how do I make it the regular kind of gradient for points outside
> the surface, but 0 everywhere inside?  I don't remember what I used
> and don't see an answer in what you copied.  I'm thinking I have to
> do this with a map first on the object pattern...

Just add "sides 1" in the proximity pattern block. The object pattern is
not necessary, and would be a waste of time(both coding and rendering),
since the same calculations are already done in the proximity pattern.

> > I'm not surprised at the speed, though...didn't you try the blob
> > pattern?
>
> My blob guy has about 200 components and my walking INC is so
> complicated that I often forget how to use it if I let it sit for a
> week. I don't want to try to import it into another pigment with its
> own complicated syntax.   I started out trying to get a kind of
> shroud of turin effect with the face because it is so detailed.

You don't have to rewrite anything...you do know that with MegaPOVPlus,
you can use blob objects to control the blob pattern, don't you?
Of course, in MegaPOVPlus, you would *have* to use the blob pattern,
since the proximity pattern isn't in working order right now...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><