POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Normal perturbation algorithm : Re: Normal perturbation algorithm Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Normal perturbation algorithm
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Jul 2000 16:57:04
Message: <chrishuff-9961E6.15571808072000@news.povray.org>
In article <396741d4@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   Does this mean that MegaPov uses the slower algorithm for these
>   patterns?

It uses the method of choosing 4 points and evaluating the pattern at
each of those points, if that is what you mean. I haven't noticed it
being any slower...and I think the fact that it works with slope_maps
and waveforms is enough of a plus to offset any minor speed losses.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/