POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering Large Images : Re: Rendering Large Images Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering Large Images
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Nov 2000 09:27:28
Message: <chrishuff-97021E.09273712112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a0e8bfc$1@news.povray.org>, "Peter Cracknell"
<pc### [at] lineonenet> wrote:

> I forgot to mention I was using Radiosity, but with MegaPOV.
> Hand-editing of my POV file, you must be joking, I'll have to find a
> way to work around it (by the time I've finished my Moray file I
> barely know where I am within Moray let alone POV, unless its
> hand-coded from scratch I rarely know whats going on).

MegaPOV radiosity requires some different options than POV 3.1...using
the same settings won't work. There are some new parameters, so you will
probably have to edit the file by hand.
However, you don't have to code anything, there are plenty of examples
of good radiosity settings on these newsgroups, and MegaPOV radiosity
settings are much less scene-dependant than the old radiosity. Some were
recently posted in povray.binaries.images and there are probably some
good bits in the *.scene-files groups.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><