POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Material{} in mesh2 ? : Re: Material{} in mesh2 ? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Material{} in mesh2 ?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Dec 2000 14:04:16
Message: <chrishuff-957094.14052924122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a462f06@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   Why it should be coded when it makes no sense in the first place?

I think you misunderstood me...I was saying that it wouldn't be
impossible to code, but you would have to specifically define what it
would mean and it wouldn't correspond to any real-life effect.

>   A triangle has no interior. Why one should be able to specify interior
> properties for it?

Well, you can, because a triangle is an object, it just won't correspond
to anything in reality. And because triangles in a mesh are not separate
objects, they can only have textures, though you can give the entire
mesh an interior.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><