POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shifting Portal - Shifting Portal.jpeg (1/1) : Re: Shifting Portal - Shifting Portal.jpeg (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shifting Portal - Shifting Portal.jpeg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Jan 2001 16:35:22
Message: <chrishuff-93C283.16361823012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a6df6ab$1@news.povray.org>, "Ben Lauritzen"
<loo### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> You could place them far enough away from each other that your
> fade_distances make up for that...

With a lot of lights there could still be a noticeable effect...and I
didn't bother using fade_distance. I never use shadowless lights
anyway...

> Or if there's a way to make lights affect only certain objects.

Yes, with light_groups...I think it would be possible to set them up to
only affect the world they belong to, with little effort.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><