POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Particle blobs - attached files (1/1) : Re: Particle blobs - attached files (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle blobs - attached files (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 28 Jun 2000 18:09:56
Message: <chrishuff-9296ED.17095828062000@news.povray.org>
In article <395A766A.F93A0502@aol.com>, SamuelT <STB### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> I forgot to ask, if you get interaction between particles worked in, will
> the spray let you use any object? Like if I wanted grain to pour out of a
> tube, etc.

Hmm, I was actually only planning on point or sphere particles, though
possibly a way to specify a particle object and a "rotational jitter"
amount. I also wasn't planning on actual particle-particle collision
detection, just attractive/repulsive fields.
Doing collision detection between two arbitrary objects would be very
difficult, approximating them with spheres would probably be sufficient
for most cases.

What would be very nice would be the ability to specify a macro for
creating particles. The POV engine would pass position, velocity,
temperature, age, and other particle data to the macro through it's
parameters, the user would write the macro to create the particles
themselves. I have no idea how to do this, but I do plan on looking into
it.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/