POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV Filters and IRTC : Re: POV Filters and IRTC Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Filters and IRTC
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Nov 2002 16:00:41
Message: <chrishuff-926918.15520204112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3db81a68@news.povray.org>,
 "Andrew Wilcox" <awi### [at] unpuzzledcom> wrote:

> So would using a filter done in POV on a POV image, be allowed in the IRTC?

Technically, yes...it is still produced by raytracing, though some
people might consider it an abuse of the rules.
I think it fits the "spirit" of the rules too...in my opinion, only hand
editing and processed photos should be forbidden. The "no post
processing" rule seems to be to avoid drawings and photographs being
entered. The editing should be something objectively reproduceable, with
a script or some other method. I don't make the IRTC rules though, this
is just how I'd interpret them.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/