POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Mesh code : Re: Mesh code Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh code
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 24 Dec 2002 11:24:46
Message: <chrishuff-91EBBA.11195624122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3E0### [at] freefr>, Le Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr>
wrote:

> Beware of the hashing system: I seem to remember that there was a side
> effects on the vertex when addding a triangle, at least in 3.1g.
> Safe way is/was to keep a 'protected' copy of the shared vertices/data:
> first you use one set, next you use the other set (and never twice the
> same variables!)

I have found the guilty code: Compute_Mesh_Triangle() sometimes swaps
two vertices of a triangle. I have no idea why...it doesn't look like it
does anything useful. The vertices it swaps have already been hashed,
the values it modifies are not used afterwords in the original
code...this code has no effect other than screwing up my patch.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/