POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV Functions (Thorsten?) : Re: POV Functions (Thorsten?) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:33:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Functions (Thorsten?)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 27 Oct 2002 11:12:15
Message: <chrishuff-8F0541.11053327102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <chr### [at] netplexaussieorg>,
 Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:

> Actually, it looks like the trap table's parameter count is only used to
> initialize the functions parameter count, in FNCode::Compile()...I
> should be able to modify it for individual instances with no trouble,
> right? Doesn't look like the code is designed for this, but I don't see
> any reason for it to fail.

That seems to work...I used two entries, one in POVFPU_TrapSTable for
vector returning functions, and one in POVFPU_TrapTable for scalar
functions. After some more testing, I'll release the patch.
BTW, how do POV functions handle vectors? It looks like they are seen as
3 double values...can it handle parameter list of mixed vectors and
scalars?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/