POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred transparence - attached files (1/1) : Blurred transparence - attached files (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Blurred transparence - attached files (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Oct 2000 19:19:35
Message: <chrishuff-8E2C39.18215211102000@news.povray.org>
I have been working on a new transparence patch, eventually it will
allow transparency to be controlled independantly of the pigment
color(which will make use of transparent image_maps easier), but
currently, only blurring is implemented. I have added two blur
algorithms, one is based on the one used in the blurred reflection
patch, which shoots a number of randomly jittered rays and averages
their results, and a new one which attempts to solve the graininess
problem of the original but is less accurate and has other aliasing
problems. Basically, it shoots evenly spaced rays in two planes parallel
to and intersecting along the ray, and perpendicular to each other.
I plan to update the blurred reflection patch as well...my blurring code
is at a deeper level, so the same code can be used for both reflection
and transparence.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blrtrns0.jpg' (15 KB) Download 'blrtrns1.jpg' (14 KB)

Preview of image 'blrtrns0.jpg'
blrtrns0.jpg

Preview of image 'blrtrns1.jpg'
blrtrns1.jpg