POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : URGENT: FRAME structure : Re: URGENT: FRAME structure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: URGENT: FRAME structure
From: Chris Huff
Date: 20 Aug 2000 12:15:30
Message: <chrishuff-8CDEAE.11164920082000@news.povray.org>
In article <399ff446@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   What I am personally still missing from povray are dynamically
> allocated objects (where, the objects in povray are indeed
> dynamically allocated, but their syntax makes them quite static) and
> references or pointers to handle them.
> That would allow making, for example, linked lists, trees and so on.

Another built-in data structure might be sufficient for this. What I am
talking about is a new data structure and functions for operating on it,
a kind of tree which can link to any number of nodes. You could use it
to build a linked list, a binary tree, an oct-tree, etc.
Maybe a separate "list" structure would still be useful, it would be
more memory efficient than the above structure. Both of these would be
easier to use and faster than their equivalents in POV-Script.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><