POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Smoke Trail (60kbbu) : Re: Smoke Trail (60kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:34:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoke Trail (60kbbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Feb 2001 11:14:23
Message: <chrishuff-8C810E.11133124022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a97d688@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> Why? Does it not support moving emitter-points directly?

No. There isn't any way to specify that type of information yet, that's
why I'm working on the dynamic_transform patch. I wanted to use a method
that was at least as flexible as ordinary clock-based animation, so I
didn't want to use splines.

> Moving particle-emitters are already supported in my system, but not
> moving environment-objects.

One problem I have yet to figure out how to get around is the "trapping"
of particles inside the environment object...maybe transforming
particles within a certain distance of the object (close enough to be
considered "on" it) along with the object, and modifying their velocity
will work.

> > The age of each particle is available
> Not in the current version, according to the documentation, but it
> does say that it will be available in future versions...

Oops! Well, my version in progress supports radius, mass, and
temperature as well as age, velocity, and position.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><