POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem : Re: MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 Jul 2000 18:24:55
Message: <chrishuff-8C517C.17252517072000@news.povray.org>
In article <397363FD.44B2276A@peak.edu.ee>, Margus Ramst
<mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

> Anybody have any success using the ipf_profile feature in Chris's patch?
> Running 0.2.5 (Windows compile), I get "Singular matrix in MInvers"
> whenever I try to use ipf_profile (type 1 or 2). The simulation
> completes OK, then parse exits with the aforementioned error.

My first thought is that NaN values are getting into the simulation
somewhere, and messing up the particle stretch calculations.
There is a bug in the particle stretch feature, one of the variables is
left uninitialized, so you have to manually turn it off by using
"particle_stretch 0,0" if you don't want to use this feature. This will
be fixed in the next version.

As for the ipf feature...my advice would be not to use it right now. It
is still very imperfect, and I will be making some changes in the future
to allow multiple fluid types. For one thing, the internal function
doesn't work with falloff values below 1 or even values above 1. Since
you used 2 as the exponent, it won't behave as it should.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/