POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Let it snow (72k) : Re: Let it snow (72k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Let it snow (72k)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Nov 2000 21:38:32
Message: <chrishuff-88EB98.21390527112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A22FAC1.6BADE805@spiritone.com>, eng### [at] spiritonecom
wrote:

> The snow looks thicker than it probably should,

We had a snow that looked exactly like this a couple days ago...all you
need is a damp snow that is constantly drifting straight down, with
little wind and no sun.

> but it is very very cool.

Very funny...

> It needs icicles.

Isosurfaces!

> Also, it looks like the snow fell straight down, does your method
> allow you to defind a wind direction that would place the snow to one
> side of everything?

I think he just used the trace() function going straight down from the
sky. Slanting the direction you give trace() should give you something
like that effect.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><