POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug in isosurface using pigment function? : Re: Bug in isosurface using pigment function? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in isosurface using pigment function?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Nov 2000 06:20:51
Message: <chrishuff-8864ED.06212025112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a1f8d4b@news.povray.org>, "Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba"
<abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> but don't need so much small accuracy and perhaps so big max_gradient
> therefore this could be faster than pigment{object{}}

In order to get a smooth enough pattern that the isosurface algorithm
can use it, you need to use a huge number of samples. It has been tried
before, but was too slow to be of practical use.
However, I am working on an updated version that has specialized
proximity functions for each object as well as the existing sampling
function...this will be much faster for many objects.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><