POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Terrain? : Re: Terrain? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terrain?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Jun 2001 11:23:34
Message: <chrishuff-86D9A5.10200502062001@povray.org>
In article <3b18e9ea@news.povray.org>, "Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom>
wrote:

> I can't think of a link but slope dependant texturing should do good, you
> can maybe map the grass to the surface better that way.  Use 'eval_pigment'
> and 'trace' for example.  I haven't done it though you'll need to be using
> MegaPOV.  Seems someone has, so maybe they'll stop by to tell how.

The eval_pigment() and eval_pattern() functions won't work with the
slope pattern...the slope pattern requires a ray intersection with a
surface, but those functions only provide a point.
However, you could use other patterns to provide variation in the grass
through the eval_*() functions, and use the trace() function to
implement your own slope-dependant placement. A better idea might be to
just use one of the grass includes...I'm sure there is one with this
stuff already implemented.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><