POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Let it snow (72k) : Re: Let it snow (72k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Let it snow (72k)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 Nov 2000 06:11:03
Message: <chrishuff-85E898.06113829112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A24299D.80382AB5@gmx.de>, Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> I have not tried it yet, but i thought it would need too many blob
> components to fill up all holes.

Depends...I went as high as 50000 components with no trouble for a
simple scene I am doing, and I am now using 20000. I haven't tried a
grid formation yet.
I think random placement gives better looking results, though a bit
lumpier, right now my biggest problem is getting it not to overhang
edges too much.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><