POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rusty metal textures : Re: Rusty metal textures Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rusty metal textures
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Mar 2001 09:45:13
Message: <chrishuff-85B40A.09385124032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3abc2620@news.povray.org>, "Stephen Bell"
<ste### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Hi everybody.  I tried to send this earlier, but I don't think it
> went through, so my humblest apologies if I posted this twice.  I
> trying to revamp my web site right now with some POV-Ray graphics
> that would make the menus look like rusted metal.  I want some
> feedback on my textures.

The screw heads are much too shiny, they should be dull and rough
looking. Right now they look like some kind of polished rock...simply
removing the highlights will help a lot. Also, they seem to be
glowing...try lowering the ambient value.
The background makes me think of sandstone more than anything else...put
some non-corroded metal in there, instead of the yellow stuff. A dull
blueish-gray, like iron or steel.

I was only able to view nameplate.jpg, gear.jpg resisted all my efforts
to decode it.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><