POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lizard Skins? : Re: Lizard Skins? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lizard Skins?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 14 Sep 2000 08:03:04
Message: <chrishuff-821234.07045814092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39C0B1E0.46D13BBB@reading.ac.uk>, Michael Andrews
<M.C### [at] readingacuk> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Gilles' post on p.a-u a few days ago got me thinking about variable
> scale patterns. His implementation was elegant but doesn't work away
> from the origin of the texture. So I decided to create one which would
> be consistent anywhere.

The displacement warp might be useful for this...my most recent version
includes the ability to push the texture toward/away from the brightest
parts of the control pigment. It only needs one call to the pigment
being displaced, and 6 calls to the control pigment(to figure out the
direction and distance to push the point.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><