POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : crash PC, not Mac : Re: crash PC, not Mac Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash PC, not Mac
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Jul 2000 22:37:21
Message: <chrishuff-80CF13.21373002072000@news.povray.org>
In article <395ff75b@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> Maybe because 'normal on' only goes into the 'radiosity' statement
> far as I know.  And I looked it up in the html doc to make sure and
> it's not a part of the possible things for 'isosurface'.

It also goes in isosurfaces, isoblobs, and parametrics. It should
specify a more accurate normal calculation, but doesn't work well with
atan2 or noise3d. I think it also has problems with built in functions,
which this object uses.

It is documented in the MegaPOV manual, just not where you expect. Look
in the isoblob section, under "Technical notes on the function normal
patch:".

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/