POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Athre - The Digital World (113KBU, WIP) : Re: Athre - The Digital World (113KBU, WIP) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Athre - The Digital World (113KBU, WIP)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Jul 2000 17:15:36
Message: <chrishuff-80353A.16162127072000@news.povray.org>
In article <01bff64d$c79c7ee0$537889d0@daysix>, "H. E. Day"
<Pov### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Yes, that's exactly why I called it a WIP, as well as the clouds.
> I used the displace_warp in Chris Huff's MP+ patch to distort the clouds.

An interesting use of my patch...
BTW, I am also planning a twirl warp which could be used for this sort
of thing.

> I mean random.  The pigments that make up the world can be translated in
> infinite directions (just not the y).

So your planet is completely procedural, you can make an infinite number
of planets with it? That might make an interesting image...hundreds of
planets, all very similar, but no two identical, aligned in lines along
each axis.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/