POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another iso-world (84KB) : Re: Another iso-world (84KB) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another iso-world (84KB)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 Nov 2000 19:28:09
Message: <chrishuff-7CEB48.19282918112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A16FBD8.9AE30A41@hotmail.com>, Tor Olav Kristensen
<tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Is there any way to control the parameters for noise3d ?
> (E.g.: turbulence, frequency, lambda, omega, etc.)

No, because those aren't parameters for noise3d(). :-)
Warps and transformations only work on patterns, noise3d() is another
way to access the function used to calculate the basic bozo(spotted,
bumps) pattern. In patterns, additional calculations are done on the
result of this function(to do waveforms, warps, etc...), but the
function only takes a point vector.

> Sometimes I use the bozo pattern instead of noise3d
> because then I have more "control" over the pattern
> (at least I like to think that I have).

In that case, going through a pigment function probably is the only way.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><