POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Post process with filter & transm : Re: Post process with filter & transm Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post process with filter & transm
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Mar 2001 10:42:01
Message: <chrishuff-7AB8C3.10375612032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3aacc0a0@news.povray.org>, "Mael" <Mae### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> in megapov 0.7, are the color channels FILTER and TRANSM correct in
> post process functions ?

I'm not sure what you expect them to do...they don't really have any
meaning in the output image. Well, I think one of them is used for the
alpha value, but I don't think that will help you, unless you want to
destroy transparent objects through which the background is visible. Try
checking the depth value instead...if you want to change transparent
objects, remember that alpha is the opposite of filter or transmit, it's
an opacity value, where 1 is completely opaque and 0 is transparent.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><