POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Absurdities (90K) : Re: Absurdities (90K) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Absurdities (90K)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Jul 2000 17:09:13
Message: <chrishuff-79AC55.16095627072000@news.povray.org>
In article <397DED4A.2EDFC4B5@peak.edu.ee>, Margus Ramst
<mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

> Can't you guess? :)
> Custom particles (70% octahedra and 30% cubes), a bit of randomness in
> pigment and orientation. Particle systems are such fun...

I had actually guessed custom particles using randomly rotated boxes,
with some specular highlights and maybe reflection to make the uneven
coloring. Well, I came close... :-)

Did you use the older versions of my patch, which had the
custom_particle feature, or did you generate the custom particles with
the get_particle() function?

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/